ECHOMETER QRod 3.1
QRod is the most widely used, free program for the design and prediction of the performance of Sucker Rod Beam Pumping Installations. Echometer has released an updated version QRod that allows the displays of both the input and output in either English or Spanish. The QRod version for the PC can be used free of charge. The software can be downloaded for installation and use on any numbers of PCs. QRod’s objective is to help the beam pumping system designer implement state of the art design technology without getting buried with details. The program uses a wave equation solution to accurately predict the surface dynamometer loads, gearbox torque and pump capacity, with a minimum amount of input. The effect of changing a parameter such as tubing anchor, stroke length, stroke rate, and pump diameter can be immediately seen in the dynamically updated plots.
The output of the QRod program includes pump displacement, rod string loading, surface unit and motor size requirements for any input depth and design production rate. New design tools have been added to QRod. These tools include:
- Slippage Calculator from pump clearances ties the pump efficiency to the predicted pump displacement.
- Tubing Fluid Gradient Calculator, based on oil and water gravities and water cut.
- Sinker Bar length calculator determines the sinker bar length as pump diameter or pump depth changes.
- The results can be shown in any system of units.
- Dynamometer measured surface DYN files can be imported and plotted on top of the predicted dynamometer card.
The current version of Echometer QRod is 3.1 Dated Jan 14 2015. You can check your version of QRod by going to "About QRod" on the Help menu.
You may wish to print these instructions before downloading QRod
|QRod 3.1 Full Installation - Version Date Jan 14, 2015 [4 MB]
Standalone, does not require internet connection during installation. Includes both English and Spanish versions.
Previous Versions of QRod:
QRod 2.4 Installations have been moved to the obsolete software web page. Please click here to download QRod 2.4 Full or Partial Installations.
Windows 95 users: QRod 2 is not supported on Windows 95, use QRod 1.0 instead.